We offer two condensing units, one air cooled only the other both air & water cooled, and six eutectic plates.
The separate items that make up a complete package are described below. When a unit and eutectic plate are selected to form a system package we include in the package price, all the fittings etc required to complete and install.
REGARDS PRICE: please consider:
Compared to similarly equipped imported systems you will find the locally made Ozefridge package more than competitive. As the largest manufacturer of these systems in Australia, we build to suit Australia’s harsh conditions and Australian’s expectations. Complete system package prices are on our ‘Packages’ page.
As much of our production is exported, all prices quoted are + GST or any other tax.
Being as close as your phone we can advise you with your project and supply you direct with a complete system package.
We suggest Boat Builders & Refrigeration Companies call for trade pricing.
12VDC REFRIGERATION CONDENSING UNITS. Two models: A480 and AW480
The refrigeration condensing unit is the heart of the Ozefridge system. All models have a stainless steel case neatly housing the standard BE80 compressor, condensers, electronics, fan, control system, external refrigeration and electrical couplings.
Above: A480 Details: With relocatable control panel on the front. (12 or *24 volt DC)
The model A480 is a compact air cooled condensing unit capable of refrigerating any of the Ozefridge eutectic plates. (Single plate only) Operating from 12VDC or *24VDC, this BE80 compressor powered unit with it’s massive air cooled, twin fan, triple pass condenser, provides high refrigeration output but at a budget price. ECO2 is included. *With converter.
The A480 is *240mm wide x 250 deep and 185 high. 8.7Kg. (* plus couplings)
Operating from 12VDC or *24VDC, this BE80 compressor powered AW480 refrigeration unit is both air and water cooled providing the highest refrigeration output and efficiency. Most suited to larger cabinets or cabinets requiring twin eutectic plates and for operation in extreme conditions. (Tropics)
With it’s digital ‘sure-thaw’ controller providing accurate control and monitoring, this unit will easily refrigerate any of our standard range of eutectic cold plates.
The AW480 is *240mm wide x 250 deep and 185 high. 9.3Kg. (* plus couplings)
Features of the A480 & AW480:
- Water pump on/ off switch. (AW480 only)
- Pump is thermostatically controlled. (AW480 only)
- Water pump, tubing and check valve supplied. (AW480 only)
- Remote- ready controller panel with splash proof switches.
- ECO2 on-off switch.
- Pre-gassed with R134a refrigerant.
- Sure-Thaw controller/ LED. (Water proof)
- Fail-safe warning/ indicator lamp.
- Two speed fans thermostatically controlled
3 sizes, 2 thicknesses, either ‘portrait or landscape’ mount.
A total of Six models to suit a variety of cabinet shapes and sizes. Single or twin plate application.
‘Portrait’ eutectic plates (right) are best suited to taller cabinets, otherwise ‘Landscape’ plates are a better option.
Plates are normally mounted high inside the cabinet.
Note: Pipe line normally exits left as shown and is nominally 2 meters long.
Advise if exit right is preferred or longer pipe run is needed.
Models and Overall Eutectic Plate Dimensions:
Likely cabinet size match, but best to check charts on ‘Cabinet Ideas’ page.
- Model P33-29-4 322mm x 290 x 40. (Fridge cabinet up to 70Lt ) $535.20 +GST
- Model P33-29-6 322mm x 290 x 60 . (Fridge cabinet up to 80Lt ) $535.20 +GST
- Model P40-33-4 400mm x 330 x 40. (Fridge cabinet up to 100Lt) $541.30 +GST
- Model P40-33-6 400mm x 330 x 60. (Fridge cabinet up to 110Lt) $531.30 +GST
- Model P53-35-4 530mm x 355 x 40. (Fridge cabinet up to 170Lt) $579.40 +GST
- Model P53-35-8 530mm x 355 x 80. (Fridge cabinet up to 200Lt) $579.40 +GST
- (or freezers to similar capacity with twin eutectic plates from one condensing unit.)
Features of the Ozefridge Fabricated Eutectic Plates:
1: Eutectic plate case pressed from 316 grade stainless steel.
2: Rear mounting plate has wall offset included.
3: Mounting holes at rear on off-set back-plate mount.
4: S.S. Bolted construction with flexible seal.
5: Decal indicates orientation. (This one is ‘Portrait’)
6: Single hose 25mm Diam, houses pipes and wiring.
7: Spare twin wire from the condensing unit.
8: Sure-Thaw’s temperature sensor reads from deep inside the eutectic mass ensuring proper eutectic operation.
9: Brass filler. Eutectic solution is best filled after mounting.
10: Pipes, brass filler and temperature probe are normally fitted on top for exiting to the left. (Order for exiting right if preferred.)
11: Polished stainless steel case with rounded surfaces allows for easy cleaning and resistance to damage.
12: Stainless steel screws for mounting the eutectic plate(s) and unit are supplied.
13: Offset mount allows the rear of each plate to assist cooling and angled corners accommodate round cabinet edges.
Temperature control and switch panel:
The AW480 and A480 both have their controls mounted on the front but on a relocatable stainless steel plate. (Remote location kit is optional)
Both controllers provide the following standard features:
- The Ozefridge ‘Sure-Thaw’ eutectic control method.
- The digital controller is actually sensing the eutectic mass’s temperature allowing the system to refreeze the eutectic mass before cutting off, then thawing correctly (through phase change) before restarting. This ensures it operates truly as a eutectic system.
- The controller is easily programmed with memory retention. It has a large LED display along with a compressor run / delay indicator.
- The LED is a fault indicator, flashing a sequence if a problem occurs. (Details of the indicated sequence are in the manual)
- The left side switch is simply an on / off switch. ‘Off’ allows the system to ‘Sleep’.
- The ‘Manual / Auto’ switch is normally on Auto. Should a controller problem occur or the fridge is being loaded, then ‘Manual’ can be used. This bypasses the control system and allows the unit to run manually.
- The “Air / Water’ switch allows the automatic pump to be turned off. (AW480 only)
- Warning alarm. Sounds if temperature goes above or below the pre-set temperature parameters.
Couplings, Power and Refrigeration:
All electrical, water cooling and refrigeration couplings are located on the right side of the unit.
- Schraedar valves are fitted for easy service access.
- Refrigeration valves allow system pump-down.
- A decal with coupling legend, details connections.
- Separate fuses protect the pump and DC outlets. (AW480)
ECO2 power management system is now standard with both the A480 and AW480. (see details on ‘Cabinet Tips’ page)
Mains Power Converter:
The A480 and AW480 can be supplied with the optional 240 VAC supply.
This 250 watt power converter accepts 240 VAC and 12VDC. (Connections supplied) It can remain connected to both AC and DC power as it automatically chooses to operate from the highest voltage presented. This solid state converter usually is fitted on the unit and is water proof. Price $140.80. (See below)
Standard system protection on both models:
On both models the motor driver’s fail-safe provides the following protection: (After cut-out, restart is automatically attempted every 60 seconds)
- Low voltage and high voltage cut-out when on DC power supplies protects for compressor and batteries.
- Compressor over-load and over temperature cut-out.
- Compressor soft start. Six speed stepped ramp up eliminates harmful current rush and high consumption when starting.
- Start delay after any power disruption. (Prevents damaging rapid start attempts if the power supply is erratic.)
- Externally located, fuse protected power terminals for pump supply. (AW480 only)
- Spike arrestor to clamp and prevent any transient high voltages causing damage.
- External terminals for DC connection.
- Condenser thermostatically controlled to prevent over condensing. Fan speed varies on both units while the AW480 water pump cuts off automatically when not needed)
- Automatic compressor speed ramp up to maintain highest possible refrigeration output as evaporator temperature lowers. No start load.
- LED fault indicator advises if the system has defaulted. (Six warning sequences, all described in the operators manual
Hermetic Compressor: and condenser: (NOW WITH FIVE YEAR WARRANTY)
Since 2011 when Danfoss stopped manufacturing their BD range of compressors, we now only provide systems powered by the proven Ozefridge Hermetic BE80 compressor. This compressor is the same capacity as the now obsolete Danfoss manufactured BD80, and much greater capacity than the old BD50 and BD35. The success of the BE80 has allowed us to now offer a 5 year compressor warranty.
Using a much larger compressor increases power draw whilst running but a proportionate decrease in running time means that the BE80 does the job much faster without using any more power and the compressor is doing it easy. This is particularly important with the optional ECO2 included as more thermal energy can be stored during periods of abundant power, resulting in lower overall demand on battery(s) at later times. Only the BE80 compressor has a five year warranty. (Labour and gas included if returned to Ozefridge)
This Ozefridge engineered condenser has two separate circuits. One circuit allows cooling ( yellow) of the refrigerant like a normal condenser, while the second circuit (blue) allows water to cool the actual condenser fins and therefore the refrigerant without having any direct contact with the refrigerant galleries. The common problem of electrolysis destroying systems is eliminated. The condensers are from cupro-nickel and conformal coated.
Able to operate as an air only condenser with twin fans or air plus water cooling, ensures proper condensing in any environment especially tropical.
Micro Pump Kit: (Included with AW480 condensing unit)
The P3 micro pump kit includes a 12 volt centrifugal micro-pump, ten meters of food grade vinyl tubing and check valve. This kit is supplied standard with each AW480 Package. Recycling your fresh water is a popular, harmless and trouble free method. Using raw water can result in increased maintenance and electrolysis damage. Consumption is less than 0.4a/h.
Manufacture and Distribution:
Our assembly process lines provide a clean and practical environment for the manufacture of these precision products. Completed systems are coupled, evacuated, and tested with their covers off providing access for leak testing and quality control inspection.
Completely Australian made in Victoria.
The assembled system packages are again test run and inspected with individual system aspects documented.
Quality control is top priority and, along with correct engineering, is the reason why Ozefridge has developed a reputation as a manufacturer of excellent products and backed with unequaled service.
Packaging is important as systems are sent world-wide. Components are bubble wrapped then packed in a sturdy carton with air-bubble packers to prevent shipping damage. Australian delivery is via *Interparcel.com.au, Internationally via UPS or DHL. (We will not use or recommend Star Track) *Highly recommended.
Ozefridge Industries Pty. Ltd. manufactures refrigeration system components to be installed by others and into a cabinet that has insulation properties etc. that we can not be assured of or have any control over. We offer our best assistance in choosing a system but do not guarantee cabinet temperature outcomes or the system’s ability or performance in this or any other quotation or statement.
Ozefridge provides a minimum of 12 months warranty subject to the conditions described in the owners manual.
Five year compressor Warranty. This warranty is limited to the supply of replacement parts by post or a complete unit rebuild if the unit is returned to Ozefridge. We do not reimburse costs incurred as a result of work carried out by others.
Please also note: *Although the Ozefridge system can be easily installed as a DIY project by following instructions in the owners manual, some countries including Australia require that the refrigeration pipe coupling etc., be done by a licensed person.